Sensational Senior Mining Engineer
Senior Mining Engineer
Reach4 are on the hunt for a Senior Mining Engineer to smash goals and join the copper-zinc-silver underground mine of a new client in the Leonardo region of Western Australia.
This growing company is an emerging base and precious metals producer in Australia. Recently acquiring mines and undertaking substantial growth, this company has moved from wholly copper focused producer to add zinc and gold projects to its portfolio. This company operates in both the underground and open cut spaces in north-west Queensland (copper and gold), the northern goldfields of Western Australia (zinc and copper), in South Australia (gold) and in Victoria (copper and zinc). With an emphasis on community, diversity and sustainability, this company is sure to provide a welcoming environment of career development and opportunities.
- Oversee the mining operation, mentor engineers
- Prepare and develop short term mine plans with assistance from Planning Engineer
- Manage day to day operations in a safe and cost-efficient way
- Manage business improvement projects
- Manage contractors including EOM claims and invoice approvals
- Improve existing practices and procedures through innovation, monitoring and striving for excellence
- Provide underground statutory mine manager coverage as requested by the Alternate or Underground Mine Manager
- Prepare plans and schedules for mining activities and resources required to achieve operational requirements in the most effective manner
- Ensure adequate training of staff
- Excellent communication skills required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent non-negotiable
- WA 1st Class Managers Certificate of competency
- Experience in underground mining including competencies in ventilation, backfill, production, scheduling and drill and blast all desired.
- Competency using mining industry software essential
- 8:6 roster with 12 hr shifts
Historical buildings, the ghost town of Gwalia, the Hoover House (yes, the ex president of USA!) converted into a B&B and café and more awaits in the Leonora Region of Western Australia. The Leonara Heritage trail offers a beautiful hike full of wildlife and wonder for outdoor adventurers, while the tight knit community offers outlets like men’s mental health groups and yoga for those looking to meet new people. Squash, basketball, netball, swimming – the facilities available for sport lovers are awesome! This region has many FIFO workers, yet the spirit of the locals is strong and welcoming.
Why should you apply?
- Great roster!
- Reach4 negotiates all the bells and whistles on your behalf so you get the best deal
We will put your needs first. If this role is not perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Kirralee.email@example.com or better yet, give me a call! 0409 849 129. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.