Senior Resource Geologist
Updated: Nov 22, 2020
Working in the Mine Technical Services department, you will be responsible for a variety of resource estimation tasks as part of one of the largest Companies in mining.
With a lifetime spanning 20 years, this company has grown into a trusted producer of natural resources including coal, copper, zinc, nickel, and grain. By investing in its employees, this company makes positive and lasting relationships across Australia. With the goal of supporting local jobs and community, connecting local farmers with global markets, and even supporting childhood literacy, when you hear this company’s name, you know your speaking about the best. Their Australian based undertakings are only the beginning, with projects and offices around the globe.
· 5:2/4:3 residential roster
· Estimation and reporting of mineral resources to support mine schedules for open cut and underground operations
· Ensure short, medium, and long-term plans are met
· Timely grade control modelling
· Streamlined reconciliation practices
· Mentor mine geologists
· Support internal technical and toll gate reviews for operations and projects
· Bachelor’s degree in geology required
· 10 or more years’ experience in mining industry and 5+ years in resource estimation highly advantageous
· UG and caving experience highly regarded
· Knowledge of Leapfrog and Studio RM software would be viewed favourably
· Relocation benefits provided along with excellent remuneration and benefits package.
As the capital of Outback Queensland, this city is a one stop shop for all your outback experiences. While you already have mining experience, your family might like to go to the mining tours available to see what your career is all about! If you prefer fishing, the barramundi are plentiful in lakes such as Lake Moondarra or throw on your R. M’s at the local rodeos and festivals! Foodies will love the restaurants, pubs, clubs, and cafes Mt Isa shire has to offer with what has been described right here in the Reach4 office as “darn delicious tucker”. Red dirt, Akubra’s, city, and shopping… bustling city meets country in one place. Oh… and did we mention the sunsets?
Why should you apply?
· Equal opportunity employer with excellent reputation
· Reach4 negotiates all the bells and whistles on your behalf so you get the best deal.
We will put your needs first. If this role is not perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Kirralee.firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet, give me a call! 0409 849 129. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.