Senior Geotechnical Engineer
One of our loyal clients’ needs a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to work in the mining space in the Cloncurry Region.
This company is world renowned for its commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and stakeholders. With a focus on collaboration, accountability, and respect, Reach4 aligns closely with the values of this company – for this reason we won’t put forward any old candidate. We want the best! This company has a long- term relationship with Reach4 and the Cloncurry Shire, and we want to extend that long term relationship to you. And what do you get in return? You will work on a global top 10 zinc mine with one of the worlds highest-grade known zinc-deposits with operation plans spanning the next 25 years. If that does not excite you – stop reading now!
- Lead geotechnical engineering team
- Develop control, support, mining methods and extraction sequencing standards
- Develop, implement, and maintain ground control management plan in line with statutory guidelines
- Monitor and assess geotechnical conditions to ensure efficiency
- Monitor rock deformations, stress, and seismicity
- Use ross mass classification systems, empirical methods, and numerical modelling to undertake geotechnical analysis
- Review stope performance including rock mechanic issues
- Analyse backfill QA/QC results to determine fill quality in stopes and identify issues
- Provide input to ensure improvements and appropriate choices are made in terms of excavation designs, sequence, pillars, ground support etc.
- Provide input from a geotechnical engineering standpoint into mine design and long-term planning
- Develop geotechnical reports and documentation on time
- Direct internal research and development projects in areas of ground support, backfill, instrumentation and mining methods
- Liaise with and appoint external consultants and contractors
- 6 years in UG mining in the area of rock mechanics desirable
- Experience in geotechnical data collection/processing non-negotiable
This mine is in the Cloncurry Shire in North West Queensland. Boasting a rich history of Aboriginal culture, this region has an amazing museum and a variety of local activities to participate in. While fossicking – along with belly flopping in the community pool are popular activities, the pride of the shire lies in the amazing “ghost town” that must be seen to be believed. Home to the Mary Kathleen Uranium Mine – this “ghost town” will give you chills!
Why should you apply?
- Excellent pay
- Reach4 negotiates all the bells and whistles on your behalf so you get the best deal
We will put your needs first. If this role isn't perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Kirralee.firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet, give me a call! 0409 849 129. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.