Mine Planning Engineer - Projects
Updated: Nov 22, 2020
As part of a mine that has had continuous production since 1936, the right candidate will adapt quickly and offer insights from their minimum 5 years’ experience in mining. As part of a company that values safety and diversity, excellent communication skills and drive are a must for this exciting role.
This company is world renowned for its commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and stakeholders. With a focus on collaboration, accountability, and respect, Reach4 aligns closely with the values of this company – for this reason we won’t put forward any old candidate. We want the best! This company has a long- term relationship with Reach4, and we want to extend that long term relationship to you. If that does not excite you – stop reading now!
· Attractive remuneration including benefits like residential accommodation close to site.
· Ensure project opportunity designs are thoroughly investigated ad delivered fir for purpose to short term engineers in timely manner
· Assist developing the Life of Asset Mine Plan
· Assist in creation of medium to long term mine schedule
· Maintain/improve communication channels for relaying information to and from stakeholders
· 5 yrs. experience in mining industry including some base metal experience required.
· Deswik or similar planning software experience highly regarded
· Knowledge of UG mining methods and geology needed.
· Working knowledge of UG mining ventilation required
· Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering non-negotiable
· C class drivers licence required at a minimum.
With stunning national parks and historic mining towns a drive away, you will never be bored in the West Coast Region of Tasmania. Those who love driving will enjoy the 60Km world heritage wilderness drive between Derwent Bridge and Lake Burbury, with short walks and rainforest views just off the main highway. Surrounded by rugged mountains and ancient rainforests, nature lovers will be right at home. Sand dunes and historic sites surround the mining towns, and the history to be discovered in Strahan – one of the largest penal colony settlements in Australia offers history buffs a treasure trove of interesting research to uncover.
Why should you apply?
· Equal opportunity employer with excellent reputation
· Welcoming environment for families and young children.
· Reach4 negotiates all the bells and whistles on your behalf so you get the best deal.
We will put your needs first. If this role is not perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Kirralee.firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet, give me a call! 0409 849 129. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.