Mine Planning Engineer
Updated: Nov 22, 2020
Based on the beautiful west coast of Tasmania, this mine offers an opportunity for a mine planning engineer to join a welcoming and diverse team.
This company is world renowned for its commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and stakeholders. With a focus on collaboration, accountability, and respect, Reach4 aligns closely with the values of this company – for this reason we will not put forward any old candidate. We want the best! This company has a long- term relationship with Reach4, and we want to extend that long term relationship to you. And what do you get in return? You will in a beautiful area of Australia at a mine with an 80-year history, focusing on zinc, copper, lead concentrates and gold. If that does not excite you – stop reading now!
· This role is reporting to the Senior Engineer – Mine Planning
· Identify and develop mine plans for medium to long term mining opportunities identified through geological exploration and extensional drill programs as well as remnant mining investigations.
· Ensure opportunities are well investigated, documented and adequately presented to site management for approval into the life of asset plan.
· Relocation package provided for the right candidate, residential accommodation provided or travel allowances for DIDO candidates.
· Liaise with various stakeholders including other departments to achieve the best results.
· Strong safety focus.
· 5 years’ experience in mining environment including some underground base metal experience highly sought after.
· Experience in Deswik or similar required.
· Working knowledge of mine geology and underground mine ventilation necessary.
· Tertiary Mining Engineering qualification non-negotiable
· C-class Tasmanian driver’s license or equivalent needed
With stunning national parks and historic mining towns a drive away, you will never be bored in the West Coast Region of Tasmania. Those who love driving will enjoy the 60Km world heritage wilderness drive between Derwent Bridge and Lake Burbury, with short walks and rainforest views just off the main highway. Surrounded by rugged mountains and ancient rainforests, nature lovers will be right at home. Sand dunes and historic sites surround the mining towns, and the history to be discovered in Strahan – one of the largest penal colony settlements in Australia offers history buffs a treasure trove of interesting research to uncover.
Why should you apply?
We will put your needs first. If this role isn't perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Kirralee.email@example.com or better yet, give me a call! 0409 849 129. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.