Responsible for servicing operational mines in their ongoing geotechnical requirements and long-term planning, the right candidate for this role will be experienced and driven.
This all Australian gold growth company that operates a trio of Kalgoorlie based mines. Leading the way in exploration, technology and innovation, this company is on track to grow for years to come. What is remarkable about this company is the culture, by challenging the status quo, this company is a champion of sustainability, growth, can-do attitude, and opportunity. The Role:
- Report to Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Partake in field data collection, data analysis and reporting, computer modelling.
- Monitor ground support, control practices daily
- Provide technical support to mining teams to ensure delivery of short/medium term production results
- Undertake geotechnical inspections and structural mapping
- Coordinate and engage in geotechnical logging of drill hole data
- Life of mine and project work
- Relevant tertiary qualification in mining engineering, geotechnical engineering or similar with post graduate qualifications in geomechanics highly regarded
- 1-5 years’ experience in mining required
- Working knowledge of statutory obligations essential
- Salary approx. $140k + super depending on experience.
Kalgoorlie, or “Kal” as the locals call it is the biggest outback city in Australia. East of Perth, this region first boomed as a gold rush town in the 1880’s. Today it has one of the world’s largest open cut mines (the guided tour is mind-blowing!). Lively bars, nightclubs, cafes, and restaurants will keep you entertained in the city centre, while museums and art galleries will provide history buffs and artistic types with excellent cultural experiences. Golfers will love the amazing course. There is something for everyone.
Why should you apply?
· Equal opportunity employer with excellent reputation
· Reach4 negotiates all the bells and whistles on your behalf so you get the best deal.
We will put your needs first. If this role is not perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Kirralee.email@example.com or better yet, give me a call! 0409 849 129. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.