Drill & Blast Engineer
Mining engineers who specialise in drill & blast need not look any further for the perfect role in a global company. Reach4 are looking for a hardworking, innovative and motivated individual to join one of our biggest and best clients in the Gulf Country Region of Queensland.
With a lifetime spanning 20 years, this company has grown into a trusted producer of natural resources including coal copper, zinc, nickel, and grain. By investing in its employees, this company makes positive and lasting relationships across Australia. With the goal of supporting local jobs and community, connecting local farmers with global markets, and even supporting childhood literacy, when you hear this companies name, you know your speaking about the best. Their Australian based undertakings are only the beginning, with projects and offices around the globe.
- Drive safe and effective operations
- Optimise drill and blast designs to maximise productivity and reduce the potential of dilution during the ore extraction process
- Record management
- Execute tasks according to mine schedule
- Monitor and review outcomes to improve efficiency where possible
- Lead graduates and technicians
- 3+ years’ experience in UG hard rock desired
- Degree or Diploma in relevant field required
The Gulf Country Region is a beautiful region in the North West of Queensland that pushes slightly into the Northern Territory and borders the Gulf of Carpentaria. This gulf is a vast and shallow sea that divides Cape York and Arnhem Land. With rivers bordering dry grassland, mangroves and patches of rainforest alike can be found in this region. The major industries include zinc, silver and lead mining as well as beef cattle. Those with an adventurous spirit will enjoy barramundi fishing at Karumba, Adele’s Grove, Savannah Way, Undara lava tubes at Mt Surprise, Gregory River and much more.
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- This company offers excellent growth opportunities on this large and challenging operation
- Reach4 negotiates all the bells and whistles on your behalf so you get the best deal
We will put your needs first. If this role is not perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet, give me a call 0411 468 645! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.