Drill and Blast Engineer
Updated: Nov 22, 2020
Want a position with a company that has consistently performed exceptionally in the open cut mining space? With an awesome lifestyle location and a promising career prospects, this job is not to be missed.
With a lifetime spanning 20 years, this company has grown into a trusted producer of natural resources including coal copper, zinc, nickel, and grain. By investing in its employees, this company makes positive and lasting relationships across Australia. With the goal of supporting local jobs and community, connecting local farmers with global markets, and even supporting childhood literacy, when you hear this company’s name, you know your speaking about the best. Their Australian based undertakings are only the beginning, with projects and offices around the globe.
· Provide short to medium term technical direction to the Drill and Blast Production Team.
· Improve cost effectiveness and productivity.
· Weekly drill and blast plans.
· 0-6 month forecasting and daily tracking of the drilling, loading, and blasting conditions.
· Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or equivalent required.
· Knowledge of Vulcan, ShotPLUS advantageous.
· Experience with electronic blasting initiation, vibration modelling and working knowledge of environmental considerations considered favourable.
Singleton Shire is one of NSW most beautiful and diverse regions. With rolling vineyards, outdoor adventure including skydiving and colonial heritage there is something for the whole family. Close the beautiful Lake St Clair and frequented by renowned artists, singleton has all the hustle and bustle a family could desire combined with quiet heritage walks and picturesque landscapes. It is worth visiting the Singleton Sundial, one of the largest sundials in the world, and last but certainly not least, take a wine tour at award-winning Catherine Vale Vineyard or Ascella Organic Wines.
Why should you apply?
We will put your needs first. If this role is not perfect for you, we can explore other roles that may be more suitable!
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or better yet, give me a call 0411 468 645! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.